Yesterday: HOT!
It was in the 90's and Chris and I worked (okay, mostly Chris) out in the yard, clearing cactus and brush to make room for a bigger back-yard...all in the name of love for Addisyn (and her future swing-set).
Last night, Addisyn spent the night at Grammy Susan's house (she didn't make the age cut-off--no minors--to go to Jesse's "white trash" b-day party). It was 85 degrees in the house at 7pm! So we put her in cooler jammies and tucked her into the pack-and-play for the night. Mommy Karen was nervous about leaving her--I don't know why...but my logical left brain told my right brain that it would all be good, and it was. She slept through the night and didn't even miss me at her 5am feeding. I was happy to see her smile big for me when I picked her up in the morning!
Today: EVEN HOTTER! 90 degrees by 10 am, 100 by noon!
SCHS had a fundraiser car show today so we (Joyce, Karen, & Addisyn) went over there with the MG to show off. Addisyn survived just long enough to be cute for everyone, but after 2 ice cubes she was eating melted, she was done. Her pink cheekies were just bright as can be. I wish I had a picture of her in the MG, or at all today, but it was just too hot to even bother pulling the camera out. The show was 1-4, but by 2, I had to get baby girl out of the heat... so a couple sweat rings in the carseat later, Addisyn showed up at Grampy's to stay in the "cool" house. Grampy "Papa" Dave gave her a cold bath to make her feel better, but as much as she LOVES bath time, the water must have been too cold this time... oh well, she was much better afterwards.
...should have gone to Phoenix this weekend...it was COOLER there!
4 comments:
Ha Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking. I walked a couple dogs outside at the volunteer place this afternoon and barely broke a sweat. Definatley warm, but not that warm. Although, I'm sure we'll have plenty of days where Phoenix will be hotter than SD...
I wish you had pictures of Addisyn in the MG too. How did the 3 of you fit?
Addisyn and I were in the air conditioned car; mom drove the MG.
So two days after we leave it's about 100 degrees. Not fair!
-ERika
that was cheating!
Post a Comment