I convinced Marissa to try swim team this year since she is finally strong enough to make it across the big pool on her own (still a challenge, but she can do it!). Swim-a-thon was Nov 2 and she rocked it! Marissa swam 53 laps! She was allowed to use the kick board, but refused it for most of the time... she worked SO HARD! Piper did great with 113 laps and knows that if she works on her side breathing she will do even better next time. Karen wanted to do more but I think I put the cart in front of the horse, as in focusing on the #laps goal instead of what will get me there... I was hurting and cried a little, maybe swallowed to much air. I'll be happy with my 153 but will focus on my realistic goal before my stretch goal so I don't get frustrated.
School Trimester 1: Progress Reports / Parent -Teacher conferences
Addisyn is starting 7th grade with all A's. She certainly has to work for them, and that makes me very proud.
Piper is right where we would expect in 5th grade, but we wonder about her motivation and time-management...sometimes I think she puts in "just enough" to do "good enough" without maximizing her potential. In reading fiction, she tested at level Q, on the low side. She enjoys graphic novels and is big on "Big Nate". She disagrees with her teacher's assessment, so upon Piper's guidance, we met together with Mrs. McDaniel to discuss and later retested at an R level. She is motivated to work for a better score next time, the first time.
Marissa is reading above grade level (yay!), but is not enjoying writing. I hope with time things will even out. She loves her teacher Mrs. Buehl and her friend Lucy in her reading group.
Marissa's Girl Scout Troop First Sleepover -- The first sleepover is always hard because they are young and excited. They had a great time making campfire SWAPS, candy campfire's, and s'mores over a real campfire on the patio. The friendship circle in the morning was adorable. Pictured L-R: Marissa, Trea, Tatum, Samantha, Amara.
Thanksgiving -- What am I thankful for? I am thankful for my marriage and all of Chris' new opportunities, including his new job co-teaching a finance class at SDSU as adjunct faculty with an experienced professor. I am thankful for the opportunities to get out and about and our ability to cope when things don't go right.
We spent a few days out at superstition, buried another dirt turkey, and the girls played follow the leader on quads behind Chris leading in the Jeep.
No comments:
Post a Comment