It took a while to find something sturdy (made with real wood, not cheap particle board) in the color scheme we liked, but finally found it, and it arrived 4 weeks after ordering, on 1/7/17. It seems kind of silly that the smallest child gets the biggest bed, but Piper is very excited about the top bunk. Marissa tried to make a fort out of the bottom by hanging a sheet from the top side, but after two nights (and the "pleasure" of having to change full size sheets after she threw up in her sleep) we removed the hanging sheet. I was hoping the full size bottom bunk would give us a little sitting edge for bed time reading, which it does, but not as comfortably as we hoped, and we keep hitting our heads on the bottom of the top bunk anyway--ouch. Changing sheets on the bunk beds requires more flexibility and dexterity, but I'm getting the hang of it. The kids are already fighting over the next room/bed rotation which is over 6 months away.
Overall, we are happy with the purchase, set-up, price, and room layouts. We got a deal on mattresses by purchasing them at the same time as our overdue replacement for our Cal King... I was proud of the deal I got ($30/mattress! and a free bed frame which became an xmas gift)
zzzzzzzzzzzzz
No comments:
Post a Comment