Saturday, March 12, 2016

Girl Scout Cookies


Selling at Daddy's office.
As Girl Scout cookie season began, Addisyn & Piper set goals of selling 300 boxes, each.  I told them I'd be proud if they sold 140 each, (the prize for t-shirts).  We sold some afternoons after school, but with homework and other activities, our time was limited.  So we took advantage of our extra President's Monday holiday to sell, sell, SELL.  We went to 4 places that day, including daddy's office since it was not a banking holiday.

Grammy helped the girls set up a booth one Saturday at her friend Sharon & Claire's driveway located at Lemon and Garfield streets, and I was amazed at how well they did there in just 2 hours--50 boxes (split to 25 each)!  After the first success we did it again with similar success.  That is way more efficient than walking door-to-door!

They each did a great job making and using their signs, and talking to people with a smile on their face, even when they were slightly uncomfortable.


In the end, they each sold a total of 255 boxes (incl. OTM) each. They were proud because they worked hard for it.  The best prize earned according to each girl were the bandanna for Addisyn, and the stuffed animal cow for Piper.  The most ridiculous prize was the "Moo-ing" alarm clock--but I also liked it because we got to have a lesson on using an analog clock.



No comments: