Sunday, November 1, 2015

14 lbs of Halloween candy!


The girls had a fun Halloween week, with the annual school carnival, classroom events, the church trunk-or-treat, and the usual trick-or-treating.  Piper was a witch, Addisyn a waitress, Marissa a witch or Christmas elf, depending on her mood, and I was a genie.  We selected two of our costumes based on what we found on the costume racks at Goodwill.




At the end of it all, I made them earn their candy by counting it all--we graphed them with piles of 5 on the carpet and compared what they have more/less of and by how much.  I counted it as math HW for one day. We weighed it too--14 POUNDS of candy!  Then I let each of them fill one container with their favorites and got rid of the rest.  (Well, kind of...*wink* I threw some out and kept some of mommy & daddy's favorites in a secret stash.)


No comments: