Before and After:
Sunday, April 26, 2015
House Painting: Brown-->Blue
The house needed new paint and Chris wanted to brighten it up. I was nervous about the color since our house seemed to fit in with the earthy nature of our property. After a couple trips to Home Depot and about 700 color samples later, we narrowed it down to a couple shades of blue. With only days before our scheduled painter came to do the work, I was frantically trying to make a final decision while Chris was out of town. I bought two 8oz paint sample tubs and painted a few beams to try to get a feel for what the color would look like in real life. Since Marissa really enjoyed hanging outside in the stroller after walking her sisters to school in the morning, I took advantage of a safe time to try them. A one-inch color paper swatch wasn't enough, but 2-3' sections wasn't enough for me to decide either. So I tried using PhotoShop to color match and "paint" the whole front of the house...that was strange looking too. Indecisiveness! This could be a very expensive mistake if we don't like the color! Thankfully we are happy with our choice!
Before and After:
Before and After:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment