Monday, March 30, 2015

Marissa 25-27 months

Marissa may just be two years old, but if asked she'll say she's three, and she acts like she's four.  She is bright, learning words quickly after only hearing them once or twice.  She now knows 9 colors (yellow, red, blue, green, orange, pink, purple, white, black), and 5 shapes (triangle, star, heart, circle, square).  After discovering "dancing" or "tap" shoes (slip on shoes with a strap), she doesn't want to wear tennis shoes anymore.  After ruining a couple pairs of black dress up shoes from overuse (at least they were hand-me downs), I got her a brand-new pair of "by-myself shoes" because I think besides them being pretty and making a sound when she walks, a lot of the thrill was being able to put them on by herself.  She gets them on the correct feet more often than not.  In bed, she now enjoys her (travel/tot sized) pillow and blanket to sleep.

STATS: as measured at Dr. appt 1/5/15 (25 months)
   Height: 2' 11.5" (89%ile)
   Weight: 23 lb 4 oz (8%ile)
   BMI: 12.96 kg/m2 (1%ile)


Here are some fun things she has said/did each month.

January (25 months):
"What's happening?" Frequently said when she hears a sound she doesn't understand (like the refrigerator, or the cashier's loud receipt printer)
"bop bop" (flip flop)
Pedal her bike -- and now we take her bike every week to Grandma Ann's for more riding
Cuts with scissors -- her hands are so small, she has to use both hands to open them.






February (26 months):
"That's so nice."  So polite sounding, makes me smile.
"Mom, that's so nice to share my paci"  An 8 word sentence!
"Hello Daddy, are you here?" Said to the TV remote used as a phone
Climbed IN the refrigerator -- She just wanted to get her own snack and used a toddler chair as a step stool, but then couldn't get herself back down.  (Don't worry, the fridge door couldn't possibly close with her there when I ran for the camera!)


March (27 months):
"Girl Scouts cookies"  She helped sell them and eat them.
"Have/hab a dir-day to you"  We sang for baby Megan being born and for Jacob turning 4 this month.
"I cutting scissor with (paper/Piper/Pauper)" (Not sure how to type the way she pronounces this one.)
"I not goofball -- I Marissa."  Correcting Grammy Susan when she calls her a nickname.
Climbed in and out of crib -- We were storing a mattress against the wall behind her crib and she figured out if she put a step stool next to it, she could climb up and in her crib to get her paci and doggy on her own.  She didn't climb out until one day when Grandma Joyce was here and Grandma thought it appeared normal so let her do it (I had always stopped her --didn't want her to know she actually could).  Well, the next day I moved the furniture so she can't do that anymore--we are not ready for her to have full freedom yet!
Walked down the street by herself -- I let her play on the playset for a bit while I got something out of the house and when I went back out, she wasn't there.  I found her walking away, one driveway down the street.  She said she was going to get her sisters from school.  (I think we need a bell on her or a GPS tracking device that alerts me when she gets too far!)
Teething -- We were trying to figure out why she started acting like such a bear this month, but cut her a little slack when we realized she was growing in 2 molars.  The screaming through Costco wore me out since there was nothing I could do to appease her. We decided to let her use her paci and doggy more as soothing devices, and then had to break those habits in April (that was not easy).


2 comments:

MOM said...

I guess for April you can add her saying "MY TURN, my turn next" {repeated at different volume levels several times} waiting to go on the zip line.

She is such a fun child...

Stacy said...

I love her upside down sunglasses and boots.