While the rest of the country seems to be having strong winter storms, we welcomed January with San Diego sunshine! We took advantage of a 3rd week of vacation by going to the beach and the tidepools. Lucky us!
For New Year's Eve, we went to a New Year's celebration at the Coopers. We expected to stay till about 9 or whenever the kids wound down. We made it all night! Piper stayed up till 11:50 then cuddled with mommy and just couldn't hang on any longer. At midnight, Addisyn got to bang on pots and pans out front. Marissa slept until midnight when she heard the pots and pans and screaming outside the window from the front bedroom she was sleeping in. (oops?)
I have a two
resolutions this year. Note: I'm not calling them "new-year's resolutions"--that's too cliché and only implies the beginning of the new year and most people fail those after the year isn't so new anymore. After reading some good parenting articles online, I have decided on a couple tips to help me out. One is personal to help me and my family live fulfilled lives by me stepping away from electronics or other tasks to enjoy special moments with my loved ones, rather than live a distracted life from the things that matter most. The other is a discipline technique I am reminded to utilize after I initially learned in a parenting book, and that is "do-overs"--to allow kids to "try again" (after a time-out if necessary) so they can learn how to do it right, rather than just be scolded for doing something wrong. I need to figure out how to remind my self of these. Wish me luck....I'm sure I'll have many many opportunities to practice this. ;-)
Jan 2nd--La Jolla Shores with our friends the Grondonas--
 |
| Marissa had a great time getting dirty! |
Jan 10th--Point Loma Tidepools with Jacob and Grammy and Grampy--I was a little nervous about the kids by the cliffs, but the kids were good, and I had Marissa in my Ergo front pack so I'd have my hands free to hold Addisyn and Piper's hands. Marissa did get to check out a little pool of water, which she loved, but for safety, she had to go back in my Ergo.
 |
| Cousins--Addisyn, Jacob, and Piper (I was holding Marissa) |
 |
| Addisyn |
 |
| Piper loved the anemone |
 |
| Piper with bangs |
 |
| cool crab in the rock wall--it was about 3" wide |
No comments:
Post a Comment