I feel so lucky for all the blessings in my life, the ones I mentioned, and the multitudes of other things that I didn't specifically write down. I hope I have done justice by my list:
Sat 11/2 | Today I am thankful that I *got* to clean out the girls desks while they are out with dad. The clutter was killing me; now I can see the tops of the desks again. Thankful for sanity in small doses. (And later, I'll be thankful when the crying ends after they realize I threw stuff away |
Sun 11/3 | Today I am thankful for the beautiful weather this morning and afternoon, and that the time change is only temporary (because I'm sad that at 4pm, the sun is already casting long shadows). |
Mon 11/4 | Today I am thankful my kids adapted to the time change. I'm glad my kids did not wake up early. But why can't they still get out of bed in the morning even when I put them to bed 40 minutes early??? |
Tue 11/5 | At 1:30am today I was thankful for the breastmilk to sooth my baby's sore throat. And appreciative that even though hubby was out of town last night, that he does help change baby sheets in the middle of the night when he is here. |
Wed 11/6 | Today I am thankful for my thoughtful and loving mom. Happy Birthday Joyce Edgar! |
Thur 11/7 | Today I am thankful for my health. And my flat tummy, and my for moms who babysit while I go to the gym, and for everyone who motivates me to exercise, and for walking to school every morning. |
Fri 11/8 | Today I am thankful for sleeping babies! and smiling babies. and crawling babies who make me come save them after falling or getting stuck or eating dirt.... That means they are growing, emotionally stable, and strong. |
Sat 11/9 | Today I am thankful for my husband's work hard - play hard philosophy. Because of him, we got to enjoy a gorgeous weekend at our home away from home. |
Sun 11/10 | Thank you veterans for your service. That includes my dad David Edgar! SHARED FUERTE PTA’s STATUS: Today we are thankful for Veterans. In your honor, we will take a day off tomorrow and enjoy our freedoms that you help protect. Today I am thankful for my three awesome children, who are stellar road trippers tonight. |
Mon 11/11 | |
Tue 11/12 | Today I was thankful for nature's beauty. Nature is a lovely wonder. Loved seeing all the pictures everyone took of this evening's pink sunset. |
Wed 11/13 | Today I am thankful for patient doctors and nurses. When one takes the time to explain things thoroughly and make you feel like you are their most important concern at that moment, it makes you feel like you are getting excellent care. |
Thur 11/14 | Today I am thankful for my education and all who were a part of it. Teachers, aides, volunteers, advisors, coaches, mentors, classmates, co-workers, parents, family, friends, ... I am lucky to have had so many caring people support me along the way. I am thinking about individual names and how each one has shaped me. I am glad I can read, write, speak, calculate, think logically, and make connections between things I know. I am glad I was raised to evaluate, problem solve, think critically, and make educated decisions. I will do my best to model lifelong learning for my children and students. |
Fri 11/15 | I am thankful for my strength. I doubled my body weight carrying/pushing 3 kids on my walk today. And praying my tummy is just as strong...two kids got the stomach flu so far this week. |
Sat 11/16 | Thankful for downtime, even if it was onset by illness, I forced myself to lay down and NOT be on facebook. |
Sun 11/17 | I am REALLY thankful for my FAMILY and being near my family who took a couple kids for a day or two while Addisyn and I got well. Thanks mom. Thanks hubby. |
Mon 11/18 | Today let's say I am thankful for challenges that make me stronger. And I'm thankful to know that these challenges are not so big and I can get through them |
Tue 11/19 | I am thankful for food in my fridge, a warm bed, hot water, and a roof over my head in a safe neighborhood. |
Wed 11/20 | Today I am thankful for volunteers, being one and having them. I love being able to volunteer at my daughter's school and get to know and help the students and staff, and to meaningfully contribute to education. I am also very grateful for all the moms volunteering at our Girl Scout meetings, because without them our girls wouldn't get this opportunity! Lots of love to all volunteers, for whatever causes you love. |
Thur 11/21 | Today I am thankful for chaos, in small doses. It allows me to appreciate when things actually do happen smoothly and easily. I may have been brought to the brink of what I can handle, but I never felt like it was out of control. So I thank the powers-that-be for everything in my life. I am (slightly stressed out, but) HAPPY with my life. chug...chug...chugging along like the Little Engine That Could...I think I can...I think I can...I know I can...I will! |
Fri 11/22 | Today I am thankful for one-on-one time with my daughter. And the happy Christmas music and decorating with the heater on. Cozy. Cuddling. Singing. Smiles. Fuel for my soul! |
Sat 11/23 | Tonight I am thankful for one-on-one time with my amazing HUBBY! Glad we both love sitting outside on the patio chatting and enjoying each other's company. |
Sun 11/24 | I am thankful for LAUGHTER and SILLINESS. |
Mon 11/25 | I love my sleep. I am thankful that I am a deep sleeper, and when the kids wake up early or in the middle of the night, they automatically say "daddy...I need..." (And if I wake up early, I pull the covers over my face and secretly smile!) |
Tue 11/26 | I am thankful for our neighborhood. We are so blessed to live in a quiet, yet friendly neighborhood with wonderful neighbors who are kind and talk to each other. |
Wed | Today I am thankful for my maternity leave. I am one year into my time off from work and feel blessed to have been given the gift of this time with my baby and her two big sisters. I am appreciative of the personal growth opportunities this time has allowed me. |
Happy Thanksgiving! I feel blessed to have this day to reflect on the most important things in our lives. While 400 years ago it started out as a celebration of earth’s harvest and peace between people, it has evolved into both a religious and civil holiday. As we sit with our bellies full this evening, I hope you have taken this opportunity to say a sincere thank you for all the blessings from Earth, God, family, and country. I feel lucky to live in a country that upholds the importance of thanksgiving as an essential part of our culture of freedom. |

No comments:
Post a Comment