Friday, May 24, 2013

Marissa's 1st food

May 5, 2013: At FIVE months old, Marissa tried spoon feeding for the first time.  We gave her rice cereal. 
First she wasn't sure what it was...
Then, she seemed to understand...
And she liked it...
She is already wanting to feed herself...


It took just a week for her to really "get it" to where she would open her mouth consistently for the spoon and even lean in for it.  Once, she leaned in when I wasn't expecting it and she got orange sweet potatoes up her nostril.  I have to hold her hands down with one hand and feed her with the other if I don't want a mess, which I am especially careful with when feeding green peas.  

Now I just have to find time in our busy day to let her have her feedings at a consistent time. 


No comments: