This has been a long pregnancy, and the last couple weeks have felt even longer. I was fully expecting a November bday because this baby has been pushing down so low, and Addisyn and Piper were both "early"/before 40 weeks. With this being my 3rd, I am surprised. I'm coping by telling myself that this pregnancy has not been like the other two at all the entire time, so I'm trying to drop all expectations and anticipations, and just wait, ...patiently. (It's hard!) Someone told me I don't need to cry--soon baby will be here to cry for me; that made me laugh!
I looked it up today, and charts say ~25% of babies are born 39-40 weeks, and ~35% of babies are born 40-41 weeks; less than half of births are before 40 weeks. Why do the charts, and websites focus so much on FORTY when so many are born up to 41 or 42? I didn't know so many pregnancies went that long. I was under the mistaken guise that docs didn't let women go much past 40 these days, but apparently I was wrong.
Chris is also excited for baby's birth, and is rearranging his work schedule (client meetings, seminars, etc) to accommodate baby's late arrival.
While I pass the time, my weekly pregnancy emails tell me to journal about my pregnancy--
At 36 weeks, we have pictures of a 40.5" measurement.
At 40 weeks, I am 42.5" around.
I look forward to being able to sleep on my back so my hips don't hurt, only needing 1, not 3, pillows, and not needing to scoot in/out of bed. I will also be happy when I can sit without my ribs digging in my belly, not have constant headaches, not having to strategically stand up after using the toilet, and feeling like a trip to the restroom was productive rather than a dribble dribble. Chris looks forward to my gas/bloating problem ending.
This weekend I had an especially strange pain like a nail stabbing me to the left of my groin under my belly, which literally incapacitated me. I thought I had pulled a muscle last week, but then this came on so strong that I don't know what it was. Maybe baby was sitting on a nerve? I was crying because I could not stand myself up or walk unassisted; I couldn't even get in or out of bed on my own. It lasted about 8 hours and then went (mostly) away in the middle of the night.
I'd love a natural/spontaneous birth, but my doc may let me induce this week because of the pain I've been enduring. I am a bit worried about labor and the chance of Cesarean-section.
My happiness is knowing baby is still active and has room to turn side to side, watching little pokes (feet?) on my left one day and on my right the next--I even watched her back/bum slide over to the other side one afternoon.
This week, I used my time off and pursued car shopping. We made the leap and bought a MINIVAN! We found a 2011 Toyota Sienna LE at CarMax with less than 10k miles. It is really clean inside and out. I hope I love it as much as everyone tells me I will!Just for fun: Toyota Sienna "Swagger Wagon" VIDEO--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4
We are now selling my beloved Nissan Murano. We parked it on the corner to get some "For Sale" sign visibility, and I am enjoying walking the .25mi of our street to from the corner to the house each day. I am trying to walk and stay active to keep the contractions going in preparation for labor.
No comments:
Post a Comment