Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Piper turned 3

3rd Birthday party -- a BIG cake for a BIG girl!
Nice outfit 3 year old!  Princess dress, fairy wings, and beanie!
Happy Birthday Piper!  You are a big girl now! 

Piper now sleeps in her own toddler bed with no pacifier.  Those transitions went relatively smoothly (after 2 days of crying it out).  She is however becoming nap-resistant, refusing to sleep some days, while crashing hard for 2 hours on other days.  We've also been experimenting with diaper-less naptime and doing well. Piper is now potty proficient and what I call "car seat safe" now because I know she can "save it" until we get to our destination.

"Look quickly!" she says, doing a "trick"! 
We try to find out what else Piper can do or what she knows, but she doesn't like being tested.  For a while we weren't sure if she knew her colors, but we figured out how to be sly about it, and yes, she knows her colors.

There's no problem getting this one to show off her tricks!  This little dare-devil says "look quickly" during her balancing acts.

Piper has adapted to preschool life well.  She joined right in their routines, knows their songs, and sometimes is so eager to start her day, that I don't even get my usual see-you-later kiss.

My favorite phrase to hear her say is an easy one: "I love you soooo much!"   Piper, I love YOU so much too!


Piper's age 3 stats
Height: 37.75"
Weight: 32 lbs
I think she was about 34" and 28 lbs last year (hmmm...what does it mean when I wrote "1 yr + 25 months"????) so that means she grew 3.75" and gained 4 lbs this year. 

Look at how she's grown!


I'm 2

1st birthday

newborn


No comments: