I've been jotting down things I'd like to remember about her at two-and-a-half years. I think this is a really fun age because she has become more physically independent ("I do it myself"), helpful, and can use words to express herself. The girls took a gymnastics class at the rec center this summer and Piper was the youngest one, but just as agile and capable as any other child there.
Some things I enjoy hearing Piper say: "sure" (so agreeable!), "yes I do" (in a sing-song voice), "oh, really?" (pronounced: reweh), "Ready, AND, Go!", and pronouncing grandma "Fwrama".
For the most part, Piper is such a cooperative little sister. Forget the times she takes and hides her sister's favorite things with that adorable smirk on her face; she (almost) always gives it back willingly. And when Addisyn decides to trade up by "sharing" something of Piper's, Piper doesn't mind one bit. Addisyn got Piper's newer lovey this way, and this week, Addisyn decided they should play with each other's Baby doll, and Piper just goes with the flow.
What I love most right now is how she feels when we give/get Loves. Hugging her, I feel like I can wrap my arms around her little body three times and it is sooooo cuddly tiny. She looks like a "big" girl, but is still small and lightweight and wonderful to hold. She is just about 30 lbs.
I also love how she smiles with her whole face; so genuine, you can see her smile with her eyes.
One funny thing she likes to do is look in the mirror while making different expressions with her face. She does this mostly at the changing table mirror since it's convenient, yet also allows me to enjoy the show. She makes shapes with her mouth, moves her eyebrows up and down, and pulls at the skin under her eyes to look at the pinks.
Big "OOPS" recently? Piper shaving her beard. Chris appreciated that she loves him enough to mimic him, but we were lucky the cap was on the real razor she found (we've now moved the razors up super-high out of reach).
She's been quite the copy-cat recently, doing what her sister does, and mimicking--with perfect inflection--what her sister says. Addisyn doesn't appreciate it ("Why is she coffy-ing me? I don't like it"). It reminds me of when I used to do it to Stacy.
Big Expensive "OOPS" recently? Who knows when she put the 27 cents in the radio, but it fried the circuit board in June and we still have no radio in my car. (Yikes, could cost $500-$2000 to fix!)
At least we can start saving on the cost of diapers now! Our first attempt at potty training when summer started didn't take, but she seems solid with it now. For a week now, Piper has been wearing panties or going "cando" (commando) all day when she is awake. After cleaning puddles on the carpet and the carseat fabric several times, I didn't mind when she chose to wear diapers again this summer, but then sometime in October, I started letting her choose panties or diaper when we were home and let her potty train for an hour or two at a time. A totally different approach from Addisyn, but we did it! We didn't even need bribes this time. An hour grew into a few hours, which grew longer and longer each day. Thanks to Grandma Susan too, who was a huge part of supporting Piper through it!
We look forward to Piper's birthday, coming up in a couple more months. We have new adventures coming up with graduating to a toddler bed and saying bye-bye to the pacifier, which we plan to do on her third birthday. I wonder how long she'll keep taking her wonderful 3-hour afternoon naps. We've also inquired about preschool, since she loves it there and always wants to do homework with Addisyn each week.
I look at her and see my Piper girl, but I hug her and feel my Piper baby.
| Cool girl guarding the top of the slide at the KQ campground playground. |
| The mommy jungle gym (mommy's gym alternative). |
| Ewwww squishy goo--what a face! |
| Is this princess ready for preschool? |
| Sisters dressed up at Addisyn's preschool on Halloween. |
| Piper drives the boat at the new Sea World exhibit. |
No comments:
Post a Comment