This month I finally got this blog turned into a hard cover "blog book", and it looks SO cool!!! I wanted to have a hard copy to save and reminisce with for years to come. It was fun editing it, because I got to look back at all those memories while I was doing it. It's *only* 200 pages, full color, and includes every blog post with pictures I've written up through Feb 2010.
This week's adventures are primarily about Piper...
She understands so MUCH! I usually use a lot of gestures when I talk so she can learn what I mean, but I've been testing her and she has been following some directions even when I don't use any body language or gestures. Yesterday I told her to go into Addisyn's room and she went straight there immediately. I have also tested telling her to give her sippy cup of milk to daddy, and she did that too. And if you could have seen the excitment on her face when I asked if she wanted to eat a banana!
Of course, just because she CAN follow directions, does not mean she wants to or will! Piper can be stubborn and this girl has a mind of her OWN! I'm sure it will be a good trait in time, but for now, my focus is not dislocating her shoulders or elbows when she drops all her weight and refuses to walk the right direction when we're out.
Her big language milestone was this week when she started signing and saying "a da" (all done). I had almost given up on her doing it, but now I'm excited to keep trying with some of the other basic signs too.

Monkey see, Monkey do...
Piper loves playing with her sister and will do things if Addisyn is doing them. For example, she fought getting in her carseat one day, so I asked Addisyn to "show Piper how to do it" and Addisyn happily climbed in Piper's seat then got out and Piper got in easy. So now I've got this new trick in my mommy-bag-of-tricks. It worked with the bike helmets too--once Piper saw Addisyn wearing her helmet, Piper wanted her's on too. Piper didn't like wearing it much before, but now she is happy with it on. Then, I was shocked that Piper wore her sunhat at the park for 90 minutes and never tugged at it more than once. Thank you to Addisyn for setting a good example! Piper also likes to follow Addisyn around the house to play and sits at the kiddie table with her.
I can also use my new trick on Addisyn, who loves her "Pipey" with all her heart. I can get Addisyn to wear something if I tell her she is matching her sister. "You want to wear these pink pants? PIPER is wearing pink pants." "Yes. matching sistah." She loves using the small sippy cups "like Piper" and wearing their matching piggy jammies at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment