Sunday, December 20, 2009

902 Christmas Cookies


902 cookies in 9 varieties,
4 batches of fudge,
4 batches of Rice Krispie Treats,
4 batches of peppermint bark, and
a bunch of chocolate dipped pretzels
in 2 days.

We had some trouble with the dough at first, but that forced us to be creative and so we tried several new types this year. One thing is clear though, they sure are YUMMY! Addisyn told us "yummy cookies" and she got to taste-test one (while daddy "tested" 3).

The hubbies were wonderful support. They kept the kids busy and fed us lunch and dinner both days.

Katelyn and Justin decorated some sugar cookies, including some giant reindeer that Marcy painstakingly cut and baked.

Addisyn and Piper helped decorate by putting sprinkles on the sugar cookies. Addisyn REALLY enjoyed it--Aunt Marcy could hardly frost them fast enough for her. We will be putting a few out for Santa for the first time this year.

I am in awe at how much sugar, butter, and eggs we went through! And I hope I can forget how many calories we calculated to be in each fudge square...

No comments: