Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Addisyn's birth story & baby stats

5.5 months pregnant, May 30, 2007

We found out we were pregnant in January 2007, having conceived just before Christmas.

I had a great first pregnancy. We went to Hawaii twice and wasn't afraid to wear my bikini. I loved showing off my pregnancy curves. I never had morning sickness, and enjoyed afternoon naps and begged for foot massages. I exercised frequently--did bike to work day 5 months pregnant, hiked, and loved my core-board class at the gym, which was the last thing I did the Tuesday before Addisyn was born. (And I started back to the gym when she was 1 week after birth, at the gym's Mommy & Me class.) I working, teaching, up until the day before Addisyn was born.

Contractions started around 10pm and kept me up all night. Chris was walking the neighborhood with me at 4am. We went to the hospital in the morning but they almost sent me home because I wasn't progressing. I was determined not to let that happen! So we walked the halls and that helped. Breathing wasn't helping with the pain or tension. I had to do a mind-over-matter game with the pain and pretend it didn't hurt--okay that can only go on for so long, so along came the epidural! I about jumped when the doc touched my back and had to have Chris talk me through it because I usually like to watch when I get poked, but couldn't see my backside. The lowest dose epidural was good because I could still feel contractions but not the pain, and I was able to work with the contractions to push labor along. The only scary part was for Chris--he didn't like seeing the oxygen mask on my face. I loved the mirror to see the birth process and still remember my first words when I saw her hair poking out, "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God". I think the reality of another human being was sinking in.

Addisyn Grace Rand was born Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 2:18pm
She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen!
6 lbs, 7 oz
18 3/4" long
1 day before due date
at Grossmont Hospital, Women's Center, La Mesa CA
Dr. Goff

1 week old family portrait

5 days old



GROWTH:
1 MONTH OLD:
8lbs, 7oz
21 1/2" long
14 1/4" HC

2 .5 MONTHS OLD:
11 lbs, 12 oz
24" long
15 1/4" HC

4.5 MONTHS OLD (20 WEEKS):
14 lbs, 7 oz
24 3/4" long
16 1/2" HC

6.75 MONTHS:
16 lbs
26" long
17" HC

10 MONTHS:
18 lbs
28 1/4" long
17 1/2" HC

12 MONTHS:
19 lbs, 2 oz


FIRSTS: -desert trip--6 weeks old (Oct. 2007)
-slept through the night 8.5 hours--8 weeks (Nov. 2007)
-bike ride--9 weeks old
-hike Cowle's Mtn--10 weeks old
-shots--11 weeks old (Nov. 2007)
-babbling--12 weeks (Dec. 2007)
-roll tummy to back--14 weeks (3 months)
-Christmas--3.5 months (December 2007)
-sleepover at grandparents house--4.5 months (January 2008)
-food (pureed banana)--20 weeks
-learning to sit--5.5 months
-sits independently--6 months (March 2008)
-pushed chest up on tummy time--7 months (April 2008)
-Baptism--7.5 months (April 2008)
-roll back to tummy--7.5 months (April 2008)
-tooth--7.75 months (May 2008)
-sit up from laying down--8 months
-crawling--8.5 months (June 2008)
-surgery (trigger thumb)--8.75 months
-beach camping--9 months
-wave--9.5 months
-saying "mama" & "dada" with meaning--9.75 months (July 2008)
-walking (3 steps)--9.75 months
-officially walking (across a room)--11 months (August 2008)

January 31, 2008

Half-Birthday, March 11, 2008



*This blog was actually written in retrospect for the purposes of getting all this information in one book.

No comments: