Baby Annabelle was born this year on
Friday, April 21 at 6:30am
5 lbs 7 oz
18 3/4" long
Marcy & Matt weren't expecting Baby Booger to arrive before the May 3 due date, but doctors wisely kept a close eye on both baby and mommy after discovering a preeclampsia risk. Marcy had to keep her swollen ankles elevated, but was otherwise very healthy and feeling great. They (she) wanted to wait until birth to find out the sex of the baby and revealing her name.
We had to research what preeclampsia is and why it is bad, and kept them in our prayers. "Preeclampsia can cause your blood pressure to rise and put you at risk of brain injury. It can impair kidney and liver function, and cause blood clotting problems, pulmonary edema (fluid on the lungs), seizures and, in severe forms or left untreated, maternal and infant death." www.preeclampsia.org
So I arrived for my regular clinic appt and had a bp of 209/127. That pretty much ended that appt. They called an ambulance-due to risk of stroke- to transport me to the nearest hospital (not the naval one). Everyone in the obgyn section was coming in to check on me as they made the arrangements. Thankfully Matt answered his phone and was able to get to the clinic quickly.
I think the transport medics thought the clinic staff was overreacting a bit, especially as Matt took a pic of me getting wheeled out in a wheelchair and I'm laughing. They even said I'd probably just get sent home to relax from the hospital. Anyway, after some talk in the parking lot they finally drove me to the hospital and Matt followed. Felt even weirder getting rolled in on a stretcher feeling totally normal.
Tests were ran and I was positive for preeclampsia and they told me I was really sick. All while I still had a smile on my face and no physical symptoms. Eventually I was fully admitted and a plan was made to have Booger.
Thankfully my bp and labs have stabilized and the dr seems much happier now. Took some sleeping pills so hopefully that will help me rest up in these conditions before the (hopefully) big day tomorrow.
The next day a very healthy baby girl was born, and momma Marcy was bedridden with an IV for the next 24 hours. Grandma Joyce and Papa Dave were leisurely motorhoming cross country on their way to visit in early May, and high-tailed it directly there, arriving the next day.
1 day old, at the hospital:
Day 2 morning awake:
Addisyn, Piper, and Marissa got to facetime Annabelle to see her.
Matt got to do most of the baby duty work the first few days and really enjoyed sitting reading with her.
Pregnant in a January Virginia Winter:














No comments:
Post a Comment