Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lemonade

The girls had a ball collecting lemons from Grandma's tree today.  They learned how to shake the tree to get the ripe ones and kept wanting to get more and more.  I think we brought home at least 5 lbs of lemons.

The pictures are not great quality, but I like getting pictures of them with grandma, and Piper was especially proud of this ginormous lemon.


We stopped at Target on the way home to purchase a juicer tool and we made two batches of lemonade.  We did one all by hand with the juicer, and for the other I put peeled lemons in the blender with some strawberries.  The girls did most of the juicing without my help.  Thanks go to our neighbor Hermine for previously showing us how to make lemonade from scratch.


I think there's as much sugar in those pitchers as in a batch of cookies, but it was certainly a fun and educational summer activity, and the girls had FUN!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

cute. just for the record that was GREAT Grandma's lemon tree. To bad your childhood was so deprived you didn't know how to make lemonade :)